Hair Loss – What You Should Know
Cause of Hair Loss
- Hormonal change and hair-pulling disorder
- Diseases (pregnancy, anemia, etc.), autoimmunity, scalp and skin infections and ailments, and radiation therapy
- Medication and treatments (e.g., chemotherapy) complications and reactions
- Specific hairstyles and hair-treatments
Types of Hair Loss
- Alopecia totalis (a serious, more comprehensive autoimmune disorder) and Alopecia areata (another autoimmune disorder)
- Cicatricial (“scarring”) alopecia (set of diseases; a rare form)
- Androgenetic alopecia(“patterned baldness” affecting 70% of males and 40% of females; caused by hormones and genetics)
- Telogen effluvium (too many hairs in a dormant stage; possibly hormonal—2nd most common form of hair loss)
- Traction alopecia (pulling hair by things such as tight hairstyles)
Laser for Hair Growth
This is a scientifically-sound, safe and non-surgical tool for the treatment of thinning hair, hair loss and scalp problems. This FDA-reviewed and medically-tested laser for hair growth is safe and capable of re-growing hair through the stimulus of hair follicles and improvement of blood flow to scalps by a whopping 50%+!
Laser Hair Therapy (LHT)
This scientifically-based, non-surgical hair loss system approach treats thinning hair, hair loss, and scalp problems. Around for over 30 years, this technique is both safe and effective for many clients. In fact, a major study in 2009 found that LHT:
- Helped 100% of subjects see hair growth
- Increased hair count for 97% of participants by 20%
- And for 77% of subjects an increase of 51%
Hair Health Status Early-Detection Services and Tools
- Assess breakage and damage (if any) by heat, chemicals, extensions, disease, environmental factors, or medications
- Determine if client has been subject to surgery, weight loss and dieting, chemotherapy, menopause, or a number medical conditions (e.g., anemia, diabetes, thyroid disease, scalp skin ailments, etc.) that can affect hair health
- Assessment results may identify a client as qualified to benefit from the hair growth program in order to stop, reverse or prevent damaging hair conditions and situations (aging, thinning, dryness, inflammation, allergies, etc.)
“Capillascope” Testing Tool
- Can pick up signs of genetic hair loss
- Can determine if hair is getting smaller or cycling down
- Determines the type of alopecia present: Traction, Androgenetic, Scarring, Areata, etc.
- Spots amount of build-up on sebum on hair and scalp
- Determines over-all scalp condition: dry, oily, red, inflamed, dandruff, irritated, etc.
The hair growth program scalp assessment can also help spot and record scalp and hair status getting better, keep track of hair re-growth, show the need for proper conditioning, cleansing, in order to achieve these things, photos of the scalp are taken and kept as means by which to keep track of improvements and changes.